Visualization of NetworkCanvas data in R

Hi,
Please, is there someone who can help me to visualize personal networks in R? I want to use the sociogram coordinates to visualize the alters in the graph. I don’t know how to do it. If this is not the correct Forum, do you have any suggestion? I collected my data with Network Canvas and I will visualize it with R.
Thanks!
Jone

Hi Jone!

Welcome to the user community!

If you collected your network data using Network Canvas, this is absolutely the right place to ask for help, although you should also consider a google search for this topic as the general tools and techniques are outside the scope of what the software does.

We have a couple of pieces of documentation on this subject:

1. https://documentation.networkcanvas.com/tutorials/working-with-data/
    This is a short article that shows you how to load Network Canvas data into R, how to reformat categorical variables, and then provides a simple example of a visualisation done with gplot.
  2. GitHub - pfsj/loading-data-network-canvas: This is a repo for a vignette describing loading data in network canvas. It provides more expansive sample code that you should be able to adapt to meet your needs.

If you have more specific questions, please post them here and hopefully someone will be able to help.

Hi Jone,

Thanks for your question! It actually inspired us to update our data export and analysis tutorial, which was a bit out of date. You can find the new one is now online. In particular, we modified the script for the single ego network visualization to now use the sociogram coordinates to visualize alter location in the figure: https://documentation.networkcanvas.com/tutorials/working-with-data/#data-visualization

Here, you can also find an updated github repository with all the necessary files to follow along with the tutorial on your local computer: GitHub - complexdatacollective/working-with-data: Working with Network Canvas data in R

Please let us know if you have any more questions.