Embed image in Node Attribute questions?

Hi all,

I’m trying to work out the best way to show participants an image that is stimuli they would use when responding to questions about their alters, during interviewer-assisted online (zoom) interviews.
Specifically, I’d like to show participants a “figure rating scale” (i.e.,this) , and ask them to assign each of their nominated alters into a category specified in this image using the following prompt: “Looking at this diagram of faceless figures which are numbered from 1 to 9. To the best of your ability, which numbered figure looks most like the current body size of each person?”

Is it possible to embed an image like this in an Ordinal Bin interface, so that I can show the image on the same screen as the ordinal bins they would sort the alters into (1 through 9)?

Alternately, I see that I can embed an image in the Sociogram interface, and could have participants drag alters onto the image to assign them a category - but the data collected for this would be messier (vs. 1 through 9 ordinal scale).

Finally, a simple option may just be to screen share the figure rating scale with participants (these will mostly be interviewer-assisted interviews conducted via zoom), and have the interviewer use the regular Ordinal Bin interface (no image) to sort the alters based on the participant feedback.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Kayla

Hi Kayla,

The ordinal bin interface does not currently support the inclusion of images and I don’t think we have any other suggestions. However, I think either of your other solutions would likely work.

For the sociogram approach, it should be relatively simple to use the “Cords_x” variable (stored in the alter attribute file if exporting via csv) to classify alters into the appropriate bins. This would require a little extra work identifying the boundaries but we’d be happy to provide some additional advice if you decide to use that approach.

However, the solution of sharing the figure and recording the response within the ordinal bin interface is probably easiest method and the approach we’d recommend.

Best,
Pat

Pat - thanks for the info!
Kayla