Architect save feature disappears

I am running in to issues with saving on my mac (OS 12.6, Monterey) where the save button frequently disappears from the Architect screen, and hence any changes I made since the last save are lost. It is to the point where I can’t add certain fields at all - meaning when I enter many things I can still save, but certain fields always seem to result in the loss of the save button. Maybe it is a bug of those fields?

Example: When I am editing the “per alter form” fields question prompt, I can save the changes within the edit field, but once I get back to the protocol page (that shows the stages) the save button isn’t present. Hence I can’t save it. Any future changes I make fail to bring up the save button.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix this?

I can also try to I upgrade my OS to 13.0.1 (Ventura) if there is a chance that help my situation. Thoughts?

1 Like

Hi Mark - thank you very much for starting this thread, and let me first apologise for the issues you’re having. I’ll look into this as a matter of urgency, and try to get you a fix ASAP.

The save button becomes disabled when the app detects that the protocol has become invalid. This is clearly a bug in your case. It seems that some aspect of the field configuration being generated on the per alter form stage editor is invalid.

I’m going to do some investigation now, to see if I can reproduce your problem. If I can’t, it would be very helpful if you could let us know what data you are specifically entering when creating your fields.

This is very unlikely to be part of the issue, so we can safely rule this out.

I will get back to you later today with an update.

Quick update - I can immediately see the issue you are having, and can confirm that it is a bug.

Workaround

For the timebeing, I suggest downgrading to version 6.4.1 of Architect. You can download it from here: Release 6.4.1 · complexdatacollective/Architect · GitHub

This version works correctly.

Resolution

I will work on fixing it right away, and will give you an update as soon as I have one.

Hi Mark (and any other users who are impacted by this issue).

I am pleased to say we were able to track down and resolve the problem. It turned out to have been introduced in version 6.4.2 as a result of a series of smaller issues that interacted with each other.

We have prepared a new release of Architect, 6.4.3 which will resolve this issue. We still have some final changes to make before we release it, but I wanted to post release candidate links here for you to use, incase your work is being blocked by this problem.

Please note that these versions are “prerelease”, and may contain other issues that we are not yet aware of.

Download links

Please find the prerelease of 6.4.3 for download here:

Edit: links removed. Please download the latest release, which includes this fix.

I’m pleased to say that we have now released a new version of Architect, version 6.4.3, which resolves this issue.

It can be downloaded from the project website: Download Network Canvas

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this problem, and apologies again to yourself, and any other users who were impacted.

1 Like