Architect-Name Generator-Data Collection

I’m currently trying to create a protocol where we can collect who students are listing through the name generator portion, in regards to the prompts we are asking(i.e. who are the adults you feel care about you?). I’m wondering if I’m just putting something in the protocol incorrectly into the name generator portion, but is there a way to collect the data when participants are creating names through the prompts that they are answering? Or does this just show up when they build out their sociogram? Thank you so much!

Hi! Welcome to the community, and thanks for your question!

I’m Joshua, and I lead the design and development of the software.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are looking for a way to track which prompt a given node was “created”/“nominated” on. Is that correct?

If that’s the case, my suggestion is to use the “additional variables” feature of the prompt configuration screen. It allows you to automatically set a boolean variable to a specific value whenever a node is nominated on a given prompt. There’s a little bit more about the feature here: https://documentation.networkcanvas.com/key-concepts/additional-variables/

To use your example, you could create a variable called caresAboutEgo and add it to the additional variables section for the prompt (“Who are the adults you feel care about you?”). Any nodes created on that specific prompt would have caresAboutEgo set to true, while all other nodes would have it set to false. You would need to create a variable such as this for each prompt you wanted to track.

I hope that helps! If you still have difficulties please feel free to ask followup questions, and post your protocol if you are able.

1 Like